Last modified on June 14, 2019
Our Site may contain links to other websites. The information practices or the content of such other Websites is governed by the privacy statements of such other websites. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of the other websites to understand their information practices.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
b. Visitors to the Site. If you use our Site as a Visitor without registering or sending inquiry information, or setting up an account, the information we collect may be as follows.
- Automatically-Collected Information. As a Visitor to our Site, you may have the following information collected from you:
Cookies, gifs, web beacons. This "automatically-collected" information may include IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites visited just before or just after visiting our Site, the pages or other content you view or interact with, the dates and times of the visit and the type of access to our Site. This is data that Google, Facebook, and other standard third-party web and advertising providers supply. We may also use technology to collect and track information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you open, click on, or forward a message.
Profiling/personalization. We may process and use your personal data for profiling/personalization for such purposes as targeted direct marketing and improvement of our products or services. We may also create aggregate and statistical information based on your personal data. Profiling/personalization includes automated processing of your personal data for evaluating, analyzing or predicting your personal preferences or interests in order to, for example, send you marketing messages concerning products or services best suitable for you.
Please see our Cookie Notice for more details.
- Communication with us or through our Site. We may collect information that personally identifies you if you e-mail us or otherwise contact us with inquiries on our Site, such as utilizing the "Contact Us" option on our Site. Any such information you provide us will be used to respond to your inquiries.
c. Users and Professionals who access our Services
- Requests for Services and Transactional Information. When you sign up for our Services, you provide us with the following information:
- Contact Information : address, contact information, and for Users and Visitors seeking commercial contractors, an employee or owner contact name
- Services information : If a User, we may collect information relating to the types of services needed
- Telecommunications with Professionals are Recorded : In order to facilitate the Services we provide to you and the Professionals, we may track and record your telephone or cellular communications with Professionals using the contact information provided on our Site including on the Professional's Profile Page. If you do not wish to be recorded, then you may not contact our Professionals using our Site.
- Online Content. The information you post on our Site is in your control and by submitting this information, you knowingly understand that the Content will be public. Content you post using our Services may include:
- Any names, photos, videos, reviews, comments, usernames, testimonials, links or other data or text you elect to upload including business description, reviews, comments, usernames, and links
- Online discussions
- Support and other questions submitted to us on the Site
- Data, text and any other content you elect to upload, post or transmit through the Services
- All data, graphics, text, names, marks, logos, hypertext links to other websites and other information incorporated in, transmitted through or published or displayed on a Professional's Profile Page on our Site.
- For Professionals, all the applicable content above including all of Your Content in your Profile and on your Profile Page(s), including your trademarks and logos. See the Professional's Directory Services Requirements for additional requirements.
3. OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- a. To Provide the Services to you. We use the personal data that you provide us in order to a) facilitate the Services you requested, b) send you emails about your account and promotional offerings if consented to; c) maintain and support the Site including ensuring the functionality and security of our Services; d) track compliance with our Terms and Acceptable Use Policy; and e) to respond to your enquiries. We may also gather research information as to your use and need for our Site and/or Services. For Professionals, we may collect financial information directly or through our third party in order to process payment of fees.
- b. Develop and Enhance our Services. We may collect and use your personal data to help us develop and enhance our Services. Typically, however, we only use aggregate and statistical information in the development of our products and services, and not data directly identifiable to you. We may also process and use your personal data to personalize our offerings and to provide you with service more relevant to you, for example, to make recommendations and to display customized content and advertising. We may combine personal data collected in connection with your use of a particular service with other personal data we may hold about you, except where such personal data was collected for a different purpose. View our Cookie Notice for more details.
c. Marketing Communication. We may use your personal data in order to communicate with you about our services you are using such as customer satisfaction enquiries. In accordance with applicable laws, we may use your personal data for personalized marketing or research purposes such as to conduct market research or to tell you about our services or promotions to you. We will permit you the right to opt out of these communications consistent with applicable law.
4. OUR HANDLING OF PERSONAL DATA: ACCURACY, PROTECTION, MINIMIZATION AND RETENTION
a. Accuracy. We take reasonable steps to keep the personal data you provide us directly accurate and up-to-date and to delete out of date or otherwise incorrect or unnecessary personal data. We are not in control of information you or others store directly on our Site and thus have not obligation to monitor or block such information until we become aware of a concrete violation of the law. You may contact us as set forth in the HOW TO CONTACT US Section below to request corrections to your personal data.
For Account holders such as Users and Professionals, you will be able to manage your personal data in your account settings and we encourage you to access your personal data via your account from time to time to ensure that it is accurate and up-to-date. It is your responsibility to provide us with the correct details as well as to update the personal data you have provided us.
b. Security. We implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures to prevent and minimize risks associated with providing and processing personal data. We will notify you and take prompt action designed to prevent or stop any known unauthorized access, loss, or disclosure of your personal data. No security system can be guaranteed to secure data, however.
Such security measures include, as appropriate, the use of firewalls, secure server facilities, encryption, access rights management systems and processes, reliance on well-known industry-standard processors, training of our personnel, and other necessary measures to provide appropriate protection for your personal data against unauthorized use or disclosure. Where appropriate, we may also take back-up copies and use other such means to prevent accidental damage or destruction of your personal data. If a particular part of our Site supports on-line transactions, we will use an industry standard security measure, such as the one available through "Secure Sockets Layer" ("SSL"), to protect the confidentiality and security of online transactions.
For Account holders such as Users and Professionals, you will be able to deactivate your account with us at any time by going into your settings on our Site. You may also contact us at described in the Contact Us section below. When you deactivate your account, you will cease to provide ongoing or future data to us. Your profile will no longer be viewable on our Site but as indicated below, your content may be still visible on the internet including your content you shared with others.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
Publicly Displayed Posting. Any personal data that you post publicly on our Site including your reviews and comments will be available to others. If you remove information that you have made public on our Site, copies may remain viewable in cached or archived pages of our Site, or if users have copied or saved that information. If you consent, we may post your testimonial or review on our Site. If you wish to update or delete your Testimonial, you may contact us at [email protected].
No Selling or Renting. We will not rent or sell your personal data to others but our affiliates and business partners may contact you with an offer for relevant service offerings such as homeowner financing. We will ensure, however, that you will have the option to inform such third parties of your wish not to receive any further communication.
Sending Authorized Leads to Professionals. If you are a User, we will share your contact information with Professionals when authorized to do so by you such as when you submit an online form to us.
Service Providers. We may store your personal data in locations outside our direct control such as on servers or databases with hosting providers in the United States. We will select industry leaders in the marketplace who have policies and practices in place designed to safeguard your data and to ensure access to your data is restricted to the performance of its services on our behalf.
Marketing and Advertising. We may share Non-Personal Data such as usage and visit data, along with potentially personal data such as IP Addresses to third party partners who can help us understand the usage patterns for our Services. Such results will be in anonymous and aggregate form and will be only used for our marketing purposes or to help improve our Services. More information as to the usage of this type of data and your opt-out rights, if applicable, can be found in our Cookie Notice.
In addition, we may partner with third parties to display advertising on our behalf. Our third-party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this Site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. More information as to the usage of this type of data and your opt-out rights, if applicable, can be found in our Cookie Notice.
6. YOUR RIGHTS/HOW TO CONTACT US
In accordance with applicable law, you have the right to request information as to what data we hold about you, to request its return, and to request the correction of your personal data.
Your California Privacy Rights: California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us via the privacy link below.
You may at any time withdraw your consent of our use of your personal data, as instructed in our Cookie Notice, in your account settings, or by contacting us via email, as applicable. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable, and in accordance with applicable law.
In case of any questions about the collection, processing and/or use of your personal data or to exercise your rights please send us an email at [email protected].
You may also contact us at:
60 Silvermine Road
Seymour, CT 06483